Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #193

>You might be a bit.  Anyone who bought the tapes would have to get the
>permission of The Who to release the album.

Brian:

Could they not license it for a percentage of the sales? That way no risk on
the part of the label.

>any bids or nowhere near his asking price (because of the lack of clear
>title to sell CD's made from the tapes) and The Who will then go to him and
>say, "see, we told you those tapes weren't worth that much. Now here's what
>we're willing to pay, take it or leave it."

That WAS my second choice. Whatever works.

>In my opinion, you need both.  The CD has, I believe, the whole show.  And
>while it sounds a bit "thinner" than LAL, it's still a must-have.

Scott:

Absolutely one needs both. Tommy is hacked up, but still better than
nothing. Although I know a Tanglewood video exists, which would be nice to
get.

"We must all hear the universal call to like
   your neighbor like you'd like to be liked yourself."
                           George W. Bush, Presidential candidate

        Cheers                 ML