Re: Live, from the center of the universe

> Now THAT is very interesting. I wonder how much he asked Polydor and MCA
> for them originally.

I would suppose he was asking them what his reserve price is for this
auction.

>Well, perhaps we do have a chance to get this stuff
> after all. Either someone will buy them and use them, or Talmy will find
> out exactly what they're really worth and back down his price.
> I know; I'm an optimist. What the Hell.

You might be a bit.  Anyone who bought the tapes would have to get the
permission of The Who to release the album.  Permission you're unlikely to
get unless you give them the tapes or sell it to them at a lower price that
Shel is asking.  What I'm thinking will happen is that he either won't get
any bids or nowhere near his asking price (because of the lack of clear
title to sell CD's made from the tapes) and The Who will then go to him and
say, "see, we told you those tapes weren't worth that much. Now here's what
we're willing to pay, take it or leave it."

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm