Live, from the center of the universe

> Shel Talmy is selling the master tapes to the My Generation LP as well as
> the singles he recorded with them on ebay.  Starting bid is $500,000 with
> reserve price much, much higher.  This appears to be quite legitimate.

Brian:

Now THAT is very interesting. I wonder how much he asked Polydor and MCA
for them originally. Well, perhaps we do have a chance to get this stuff
after all. Either someone will buy them and use them, or Talmy will find
out exactly what they're really worth and back down his price.
I know; I'm an optimist. What the Hell.

> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Damn, just when I thought I was *the* Kevin at
> the center of the universe.

Kevin:

Well, first if you aren't HERE then you can't be at the center of the
universe. Second, both of you are Kevin "O's" so it makes it harder to
distinguish. But then, you knew you don't have TANSTAAFL as your sig. Grok,
water brother?

> 	Sorry, but when you stated "since Kevin doesn't want to say", and
> copied one of my patented "Baaaaaaahaaaaaaa" right below that, I was
> thinking you were talking to me since there was no other reply to the
> Baaaaaahaaaaa.

What can one say to "Baaaaaahaaaaa," really? There is no correct response.

> 	No biggie, you were probably moving pretty fast.  I'm often guilty
> of that.  Maybe I was reading too fast.

I do write most of my replies here at work, and when there is someone here,
perhaps asking questions in the middle of a sentence or requesting a
listen, I am distracted more often than not. Sometimes I'm in the process
of changing one part and then forget to change the other. I trust this is
understood by those who read it.

> 	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  Believe it or not, it would cost me over $400 to
> fly to DC, and only $250 to London from here!!

I believe it. Myrtle Beach to Austin (for the Houston show) was between
$840 and $1388, best prices I could get. Unbelievable.

"It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it."
                         George W. Bush, Presidential Candidate

                    Cheers                  ML