Re: Five-Man Format

I would think it's a combination of what Roger and John want and the cost.
Dragging all those people around for Quadrophenia must have really cut into
the profits.  Plus, since they got back together primarily to play the House
Of Blues in Chicago there was also the question of space.  There was hardly
room onstage for five people.  When Roger swung his microphone everybody
practically had to duck.  With the full ensemble it would have been
impossible.

With any luck we've seen the last of the Deep End Who.

        -Brian in Atlanta