Re: Pino Schradadino

> Interesting arguement.  I, however, believe the 'spark' that ignited the
2000
> WHO tour was in fact the Daltrey Sings Townshend tour back in, what was
> it, 1994?

Another connection to that tour and 2000 is the amount of anger Pete's
complete refusal to even talk about joining that tour backstage at Carnegie
Hall caused in Roger.  Roger got so white-hot in his anger for Pete that
when it finally spilled out, it floored Townshend ("I started crying").  It
made Pete realize that he had in fact done Roger a wrong with his
statements about The Who and led him to give a little bit of the control
over to Roger.

Another thing to which that led, going a little further back, was Pete's
experience with the Tommy musical.  He found he enjoyed collaborating,
letting others make some of the decisions.  He started thinking, "I wonder
what The Who would be like if I let Roger carry some of the artistic load
for me."  Roger ended up designing the film and onstage action for
Quadrophenia '96/'97.

So far, it seems to have worked out fine.  I'd love to see and hear more
Roger/Pete collaborations.  They've always had a yin and yang approach.  It
does make a nice blend.

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm