Pino Schradadino

A few days ago Scott Schrade said:  "Sounds a bit harsh, but I think lately
he's learned again to *use* The WHO (at least in a live setting) to channel
his emotion.  He's realized he doesn't need Pino Pallidino or whatever the
fuck that flawless but boring bass player's name is.  He doesn't need Peter
Hope Evans dancing around like a monkey.  He doesn't need a keyboard player
with a haircut from Tears For Fears."

Scott,
Yup, that was a bit harsh.  I think its important to remember where the path
of the '98 Carin Pino Hope-Evans drum machine shows has led us.  I contend
that these shows were absolutely necessary in order for us to have the 2000
Who tour.  It was during this tour we saw the following developments:
- Pete played electric lead for most of the set, working the bugs out with
his new equipment
- Pete was the band leader
- Pete was able to do some charity work in Chicago and made enough $ from
'Day in the Garden' to support the mini-tour.  This was the model used for
the '99 Who activity in the States.

I agree that it would be a shame to see Pete backslide away from The Who
back to this solo work, but he needed the solo work before it was possible
to lead an electric Who.

Food for thought.

Jeff