Re: The Scoop Brothers

>Hey, kids, I'm gearing up for the next SCOOP release.  Pete seems to be
>working on it (or getting ready to work on it.)  I ordered the remastered
>SCOOP & ANOTHER SCOOP from Eel Pie.  I dig the SCOOPS.
>
>Here's a toughy:  Which is better?  SCOOP?  Or ANOTHER SCOOP?
>I don't think I prefer one over the other.  Maybe ANOTHER SCOOP
>has a slight edge....I don't know.  Anyone out there dig that "Brooklyn
>Kids" song?  Or "Never Ask Me?"  I do.
>
>- - SCHRADE in Akron

YES! "Never Ask Me" is fabulous; possibly my fave from both Scoops.

Pete has said that he tries for a 50/50 split "between old demos and
unheard material" on the Scoops. I think the old demos selection was
more successful for Scoop (e.g. "So Sad About Us," "Squeeze Box,"
"Circles," "Magic Bus," "Love Reign O'er Me"), and the unheard
material selection was more successful for Another Scoop (e.g. "Never
Ask Me," "The Shout," "Football Fugue," "Praying The Game"). Although
I certainly enjoy the demos, I get more excited about the unheard
stuff, so that's why I also give a slight edge to Another Scoop.

On the other hand, Scoop also has "Melancholia," "Mary" (both
officially unheard before this release), "Cookin'," "You're So
Clever," and "Zelda," while Another Scoop has "Pinball Wizard,"
"Substitute," "Long Live Rock," "La-La-La-Lies," and "The Kids Are
Alright," so there's good stuff on both sides of the split on each
Scoop.

More praise of AS: I like synth-heavy songs like "Prelude No. 556,"
"Baroque Ippanese," "Prelude, The Right To Write," plus the
then-potential future Who songs from '83, "Cat Snatch" and "Ask
Yourself." His cover of "Begin The Beguine" is gorgeous.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Scoop 3. Of course, Pete said in July that
it should be available in November. We continue to wait....

Jim, proud Bush voter

"I call on all Americans - I particularly urge all who stood with us
to unite behind our next president."
	- Al Gore, 12-13-00
(Mr. Gore, does that include Jesse Jackson and Mark Leaman?)