X-mass Homework

Kevin O said:  "I'd like to hear what your all time favorite Who track is.
What track really gets you going?  What track really fires you up?  What
track really means the most to you?
What track really defines your commitment to The Who."

A very difficult question, indeed.  Given the tall order, I would like to
add my own qualification - this would be my favorite this week, subject to
change at any given moment :-)

"Naked Eye" 10/4/00 MSG - I have no recording of this, it is only from
memory.  Why?  Best live Rock & Roll moment for me ever and its fairly fresh
in my memory.  Hairs stood up, synapses tingled, jaw dropped, I sat in
silence at the beauty and guts of Pete's playing.  Folk/Pop to blues to
prog-rock drawn out with all the expertise of a lover who knows the
importance of foreplay as it relates to the orgasm.  The rest of the band
followed him, not daring to cross his path.

If you had asked me that question on 10/3/00, and limited it to recordings,
I would have said MG on LAL.

Jeff