Re: Lifehouse or Lamehouse

>I think the ideas and the story support each other but are in some ways
>independent.

That's an interesting take.  Pete's big thing is the ideas, of course, and
sketchy plots are fairly characteristic of writers who deal in layered
concepts.  Fine for rock opera, but a little difficult for theater or film.

Some of his multimedia projects are better realized than others, like
Psychoderelict the play, for example.  Pretty good storyline there, and I'd
love to see the movie.  White City the film produced a terrific mood, but
not a good point.  I've recently gotten the Chinese Eyes video and it's
incomprehensible.  Does that mean he's getting better with practice?  :)

>As a matter of fact, I think the words are separate from the music.

This take is even more interesting.  Turns out I've felt that difference,
too.  I always hear the music first, and if it doesn't speak to me, then I
have a hard time getting at the words.  Hmmm.

>I believe that this is why I always loved Quad so much.  I got one feeling
>from the music another from the words and yet another looking at the
>pictures.

There are two or three stories hidden in Quad.  Beneath Jimmy's troubles,
Pete comments on life and politics in general, and on his relationships with
fans and with The Who.  Love that complexity.

keets