Hanson?

I work with a guy who is a hard core Springsteen fan. He caught all of the
Boss's LA shows and even flew his entire family to NY for the MSG dates.  He
even passed along a couple of boots from the shows which were (to my
surprise) good in both quality and energy.
Lately, he's been worked up about the Hanson show which he bought tickets
for so he could go with his teenage daughter.
My tastes are pretty diverse, so I'm not one to criticize others...but
Hanson?   mmmmm.... (bop?)
Still trying to get him to come along to to Irvine, for the Who, but
wondering, nonetheless, is Hanson a farce (force?) to be reckoned with?