Gouging by Kings and Who-ever

>It's steep ordering from the UK, but more reasonable at the shows for $65.
That's about $10 a disk.  Not bad.<

Keets:

It's not bad for 6 discs of music, but I don't think it's so great for 4
discs of music and 2 of a radio play.  Also, I really, really dislike
symphonic rock songs, so make that 3 discs of music I'd actually listen
to.  Still, I'll grant you that argument for Pete's sake and the sake of
those who care about those things.  First, I wasn't aware that the discs
were being sold at the shows until after the Who had left town...and no,
I couldn't afford to go to the concert, either.  "Much Too
Much"...Anyway, if LIFEHOUSE was actually being sold inside the gates,
then that ups its price considerably, since you'd have to buy at least
one ticket to get the box.  Even if it was outside the gates, the
closest show was a 2 hour drive away from me, so factor in the cost of
gasoline....I guess I'm picking nits, but gee whiz, what's wrong with
Best Buy or the like?!  I can only figure that Pete thinks it won't sell
well enough to justify a store release.

>My concern here is since most albums these days have perhaps three really
good songs, how long will it be before the bands make only the three to
sell
and forgo the cost of making an entire CD's worth of music? Bye Bye rock
operas and concept albums...<

Mark:

Yes; to keep my analogy valid, I should have mentioned that the
aforesaid Who album being sold song by song would be a concept
album/rock opera, so that getting only the first three songs would only
tease the listener into wanting more.  I agree with everything you've
posted so far concerning the Napster debate, BTW.

--Carolyn
"Put the Money Down"