Re: Amex/MSG

On Thu, 03 Aug 2000 11:46:27 -0500 Dan Smedstad
<wwmarketers@mindspring.com> writes:

> P.S. Don't we all love the sig " quotes" from our good friend M. L., >
who> gives no source or the context in which they >were said?  Is anyone
> else out> there tired of his political B.S? I imagine there are
numerous OTHER
> lists> where Mark can make his political beliefs known. Why does he
have to
> CONSTANTLY do it here? >

Dan,

I wholeheartedly agree! While I have nothing but the utmost respect for
Mark's knowledge of all-things-Who, the signature comments seem a bit of
a non sequitur, and are becoming more annoying as each day passes. One
can sense a bitterness...no...hatred towards Bush/Cheney that has
manifested itself in silly "quotes" and anti-Bush comments.

Mark, you and I have had some great discussions in the past. (It's been a
while though) Remember how you pointed out the drop-out in "Pure and
Easy" to me that I had never previously been aware of? What developed
from a simple e-mail from you to me turned into a great and
intellectually-stimulating exchange that lasted for several weeks. I
enjoyed it very much, and still enjoy learning from you whenever you
decide to include the Who as a topic in your otherwise vitriolic
political posts. :-) Come on! Now you've even resorted to constructing
comments based on things you think Cheney may have said? Please! Without
turning this post into an example of said vitriolic political posts, I'd
like to mention to you that I dislike the current President and your
current choice for the next President. (Gore, I presume) You should never
criticize ANYONE for drug use or draft-dodging after the exposure of Bill
Clinton's past. The man in office now (who, again, I presume you're a
supporter of) has been revealed as a fraud, and a lying, draft-dodging,
womanizing, drug-ingesting, flag-burning degenerate, and that was only
what we found out in the first year of his administration! Please don't
sling mud at others, it's flagrant hypocrisy. None of us are
uncomfortable with what "our guys" say, but if we were in your place,
we'd be very uncomfortable crticizing others. Gore soundbites are quite
easy to find, it's just that I don't feel they are appropriate for this
list. Lastly, you can affix these statements to your messages claiming
they're wrapped in the righteous cloak of humor, but please excuse me if
I detect something more than "humor."

Again, I respect Mark very much and enjoy his posts when they are related
to the Who and I apologize to the list for taking up space with
this...but I wanted Dan to know that he's not alone in his antipathy
toward Mark's bumptious anti-Republican comments. This list is not the
place for them...it's for the Who, the band we love, and ONLY THE WHO!

obWho: Pete was on VH-1's list of the greatest moments in TV history, and
mentioned that the dynamite blast from Keith's drum kit on the Smothers
Brothers show in '67 wasn't one of the causes for his hearing loss as I'd
previously been led to believe. The cause, he said, was a massive PA
system that Roger wanted to use in the '70's and the sound of Roger's
scream one night brought Pete to his knees...this was the beginning of
his hearing problems.

Rick

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.