Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V7 #204

> BTW, 78% of the people who have downloaded Stephen King's latest
> on-line work have paid for it on the honor system. That suggests
> that someone who is intelligent can use the technology to advance
> their careers.

I hate to break it to you, Kevin, but I don't think Stephen King needs to advance his career. A few million
added or not added to his bank account isn't going to make a difference. A big reason King is able to take
advantage of the technology is because he is guaranteed big media play for this venture. An unknown isn't
going to easily get all the free publicity, worth millions itself, so people will know that their music or
book or whatever can be found on-line. By the way, if King's way is such a good idea, why didn't The Who use
the honor system for Blues to the Bush? Or at least charge a whole lot less money, since they supposedly
aren't using one of those big bad overcharging record companies to get their disc out to the public.

Dave