RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #242

> > 	Given the drummers then, John is definitely a close second.
>
> I might have to disagree with you here. Granted Bonham was a very powerful
> drummer, but I think Carl Palmer could drum circles around him (no
> Grateful
> Dead reference intended).

	[O'Neal, Kevin W.]  I'll give you that.  I don't know what I was
thinking when I wrote "close" second.  I've always been one that gets mad at
the ongoing debate of who was the better drummer.  To me it's no
contest....Keith!  Until I was talking with a friend who pointed out that
drummers in "the day" were by comparison much more sedate than today.  Heavy
Metal really opened the door for 'bombastic'  (love that word now) drumming.
Back then you had Keith, John B. and a few others like Carl Palmer.
	So, even though I still strongly feel that Keith is by far the best
drummer I've ever heard (some of his stuff still floors me), I do have a new
respect for "the other guys".
	Ugh, Monday. :(
	......What Sunday was and should be.......bacon, coffee, two good
dogs, crisp Vermont air, falling leaves, and North Country Girl playing on
the stereo.
	Thanks Pete for more memories.  :)
	Stay in Tune,
	Kevin