The White City video

   Andrew:

    I have this also, and for one, I really enjoyed it. It is based on the
lives of old friends of Pete's, as I understand it, people he grew up with.
"Jim" in the story is, according to Pete in an interview (I believe at the
end of the movie), what Jimmy from Quad might have become. So it's rooted
in Pete's life, kind of a latter day Quadrophenia story. Friendship, love,
neighborhoods, that sort of thing, Pete writing about his community. No
weirder than Horses' Neck or Quad(the film or the album), when you get down
to it.
   The video contains an interview at the end where Pete tries to explain
it, along with an outtake song called "Night School", which IMHO is one
song I'm glad has never seen the light of day, because it is one of the
weakest songs he's ever written. It's just silly, although it features Emma
singing background (that's mainly the letters of the alphabet as Pete sings
lyrics with each letter used repeatedly... as in, "A... Another angry
antelope... B... " --not an actual line, just an example). Anyone have an
opinion on this "song"?
                      peace&anarchy, jeffree