The Commission

From: O'Neal, Kevin W. <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org
> ****OK, that's the second time very recently that Pete has mentioned this
> "commission". The first being in his message recently posted on his new
web
> site. Something to the effect of a tour being dependent on whether he gets
> a commission from his fans in reaction to Lifehouse.
> What do you folks think Pete means by this? What is he looking for from
us?

I'm not sure. What happened originally was that Pete met some Mods in early
1965 who told him that "I Can't Explain" had a much greater meaning than
just a simple love song and he should continue to write songs that spoke for
them. Pete has often referred to this as "his commission" or "The Who's
job."
Now he wants to know again whether he still has a commission to write songs
and for whom he is writing. I think he thinks by gathering the information
about us from his website and that mysterious "chip" that comes with the
Lifehouse box set, he can achieve that.
That's why I tried to start a conversation about this on Pete's site. Of
course, it quickly got swamped by all the crap that's on there now. Are we
supposed to go on there and tell Pete what we'd like him to write about?
I've got some ideas as I'm sure you do, too.

-Brian in Atlanta