Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #277

I'm with you, Roy.  I, too have followed the guys, from their start in the
State when I was in high school, and thought the Quad show would be the
last. I started dragging my daugher to Who shows when she was about 5 and
enjoyed the Sunday Bridge show with her.   I am thankful that the Who are
still, literally, kicking, willing to perform and think of all the great
performers from "My Generation," that we have not been and will not be able
to see again.
Mare

At 06:53 AM 11/17/1999 -0800, you wrote:

>The Who Mailing List Digest
> Wednesday, November 17 1999 Volume 06 : Number 277
>

>In this issue:
>
>	HOB reviews
>	Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #276
>	Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #276
>	Bridge
>	RE: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #276
>	Re:  The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #276
>	Today's WHO, etc.
>	There's a guitar up here for any bloody mouthed little git that wants to
come and get it.
>	re- Vanity etc...
>	MORE lifehouse...?
>	Saturday set list
>	Pete's Website; "Giddy"

>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:00:10 EST
>From: Kentthe1@aol.com
>Subject: HOB reviews
>
>I find it interesting both Chicago newspapers did similar reviews of the
Who's HOB shows. They both implied that the band were too professional, ala
latter day Rolling Stones. Yes, the band used to be spontaneous, but only
for portions of their shows. The other portions, they'd fly through the
numbers (especially the older, shorter singles) about as "professional" as
you can get. I was a music and theater critic for ahwile, and I guess I
can't suspend my love of the Who to understand what these writers want from
the Who. Perfection, I guess.
>Actually, its now en vogue to take pot shots at the Who, like the ribbing
the Stones have taken the last few years.

>Kentavo

>In a message dated 11/16/99 9:45:39 AM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:
>
><< ftp.igtc.com in
>/pub/pmm/thewho. >>
>
>I just received my first issue today.  I'd like to get the issues that
review
>the HOB shows that people are commenting on in today's issue.  I tried the
>ftp address above, but it can't be found.  Can you help me?   Thanks!

>Digest archives are available as soon as they are sent out at
>ftp://ftp.igtc.com/pub/pmm/thewho
>
>You may also want to try the hypertext archive at
>http://www.igtc.com/archives/thewho/current
>
>- -> Paul <-
>
>JJPMahoney@aol.com writes:
>>
>> In a message dated 11/16/99 9:45:39 AM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com
writes:

>> << ftp.igtc.com in
>> /pub/pmm/thewho. >>
>>
>> I just received my first issue today.  I'd like to get the issues that
review
>> the HOB shows that people are commenting on in today's issue.  I tried the
>> ftp address above, but it can't be found.  Can you help me?   Thanks!
>
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:14:35 -0800
>From: roy@rmcontrols.com (Roy Ratcliffe)
>Subject: Bridge
>
>I'm amazed at some of the comments on "looks", "sounds" etc and
comparisons to 20 years ago.

>I first saw the Oooooo in 1972 after listening seriously since'68.
>
>I've now seen 15 shows.
>
>I went to Bridge school with the only expectation of being able to see my
favorite band in person again, something that I thought would never happen
again.

>The boys blew my wife and I away, as well as the rest of the audience.
Remember that they followed an exceptional performance by S. Crow, N.
Young, Green Day, Pearl Jam etc. To say the least they were GREAT!!!! 50
something or not.

>The best thing that I can say about them is that two friends of ours went
with us, not real Who fans, but are true R&R and music buffs in general.
They were amazed at the sound energy and appeal of the Band. They have now
invested in a number of older albums.