Re: Brian and bootlegs

>RE: Brian Wilson.  I know about his history of severe depression, but is
>there more to the story?  I don't mean to be cruel, but it honestly appeared
>that he's had a few strokes.  I was sitting up on the lawn with some friends
>during his set, and there were several people around us who asked the same
>thing; "Did he have a stroke?"  Again, I'm not piling on, but it was really
>sad.  Admirable?  Yes.  But I had no idea he was in that kind of shape.

Todd,

Brian Wilson has not had a stroke. As I understand it, one reason he looks
that way is that, being deaf in one ear, he talks towards his good ear.
Brian's life has included an abusive father, fame in a successful rock
band, drug abuse, and an excessively-controlling therapist. Add that to his
musical genius and you have a strange mix. Sad, yes, but the more you know,
the more admirable and amazing it is that he's able to perform live at this
point.

>For there, before my very eyes, sat one of the
>(according to Clinton Heylin's definitive work on bootlegs, called Bootleg)
>120 copies of Tales From The Who which made it out from under the FBI
>crackdown. Sporting the famous William Stout cover and in near perfect
>condition, too. Something I never thought I'd get to own, never ever.

Mark,

I didn't know that was such a Holy Grail. I've had TFTW since the mid '80s.
Like most of my Who bootleg vinyl, I haven't listened to it in years. Maybe
I should.

Jim