re-Before I get Old

Hi All, Dave Marsh (hueyelclch,excuse me while I puke!) does write
all in all a pretty good book,however as Brian points out there
are a few mistakes and the like therein. My major objection of
and about this book is that Marsh is a blood sucking hypocrite
who has made his living off people like The Who and has the gall
to say nasty things about them in the book all the whilst
seemingly forgetting what a wonderful  journalistic life They
and many others have given him.
                              Marsh suggests or implies that the
1982 'Farewell tour' was one that The Who did only for the money.
What Rubbish. How ignorant can the man be?  AS USUAL, The Who
paved the way and pioneered the way for corporate sponsorship
of rock concert tours amongst other things as well as saying
goodbye (at the time) to the fans.
                              Furthermore,Marsh suggests that
The Who should have stopped altogether either earlier or at the
time the book was written,calling for them to do so and not come
back for any 'special occasion' as someone within the band had
said. What gives Marsh the right to tell others what to do with
their lives? What did he expect Four of The world's biggest Rock
Stars from the World's Greatest Band to do,become travel agents
or something? The Who never said to Marsh 'you should stop writing'
There was no way that they could  stop either playing or making
music,it's in their blood.  The Who profession is Rock band,
Rock Star, whatever you want to call it,Musicians,etc... They
threw most of their life into it, why should they stop because
Marsh says so.
              Marsh writes and or researches the book at the flat
of Chris Chappel, then longtime Who assistant to Bill Curbishley.
Must have taken a while. Wonder if he paid any rent or did he
leech off The Who again.
Regards, Derick.