Re: ATF & Touring Quad

>>I agree but have to add something here.  About this issue of
>>popularity/sales/attendance, Gigi asks, "Who cares?"  Pete Townshend
>>cares, that's who.  He's never been shy about saying that he goes for
>>hits, and that he cares how popular he is.
>
>You're right, but he shouldn't be. How much money does he have to have
>before he stops pursuing the almighty pound? He should relax more.

This isn't just venality.  It means he understands the music business--as
it's existed in our time, anyhow.  You have to be reasonably successful
before you can get backing, or contracts, or invitations, or whatever to
perform.  And success in the business is measured by how many albums you
sell.  Matters of quality might enter into the equation somewhere, but
that's often a matter of definition and just not the most important thing to
record industry executives.  Likely most of them wouldn't recognize it if it
fell in their laps.

Times may be changing to favor the artists, but until they do, let Pete work
for his hits.

keets