ATF & Touring Quad

> With the fire being Keith then:
> After the Fire    (death of Moon)
> The fire still burns,    (his spirit/memory/ remain)

Carla:

Even so, you're talking about Keith-The-Drummer. Otherwise, "the fire"
doesn't make sense.

> I heard a vice asking what happens after the fire,
> (what happens now that Keith is gone)

What happens to the band. This WAS a major question. Strengthens my belief
that it's about the band.

> I saw Matt Dillion in Black and White there ain't no colour in memories,

> (some people don't dream/visualize in colour)

That is a very good point.

> Ha.  Funny.  Another stealth tour?

Keets:

They can't BOTH be touring, unless JAE is opening for TED.

> What about RITH? I believe it should have been a commercial success but
it
> was struck by the TED under promotion curse. Case in point you didn't
even
> mention it.

Stefani:

You're quite right; I'd forgotten it. I'd put it with RARH and OOTB,
because it has some very good songs and some that are somewhat forgettable.
For me, the CD is most notable for showing that "Rog still has it." Then
again, some of the songs prove my opinion that Rog (or the producer) has
very poor taste when choosing songs. Days Of Light, the single, would be
pretty good if not for that stupid and WAY out-of-date "Doo-doo-doo" crap.
It ruins an otherwise decent song. Rog should stay away from Pop music as
much as possible.

> On the other hand,  I know several people who didn't buy another RHD solo

> album after unhappily buying PSBP. BTW, Which songs do you rate good on
PSBP?

Not having it in front of me...I like Talking In Your Sleep and the title
track. I'm sure there are others, but given that I can't recall them tells
you something, right? My problem with this album is the same I have with
the first: no balls. And it's the reason I like McVICAR and UARM best.

> I 'm due for another listen.

Hey, it's better than listening to Billy Squire.

> I don't know about you but I saw TED do Quad 11 times in 96/97.

You're quite the Whohead, aren't you? I saw only the second MSG night and
the Raleigh show.
You make a good point. All I can tell you is my friend who would know these
things told me The Who only failed to sell out two US venues on that tour.

> It the quality not the quantity of fans that count :-)

That's also very true.

> of the die-hards like us.  I saw four of the shows.  The Quad tours were
> obviously aimed at the fanatics.

Bill:

QUAD was never a commercial property. I called it a "fan fantasy tour."
Even if the band doesn't have as many fans as it used to, QUAD certainly
has more. But I'm not sure how that actually came about; when I first got
online, some five years ago, very few (online) Who fans considered QUAD
their best...by the time the tour came along, it was more often the
opposite than not. I don't know if the QUAD fans just weren't online at
first or what. And I also wonder if the constant claiming that QUAD is
their best online (by those of us who already felt that way) and the
growing consensus (or so it seemed) influenced PT in any way to take it on
the road. I remember in a AOL "event" some years ago, we were asked to
submit questions/comments for PT to respond to (although he never did), and
mine reflected his comment that he wondered if his music had actually had
an effect on people. The note was all about QUAD, as you can imagine.
However, I have no earthly if he even saw it. Later I read an interview
where Eddie Vedder said roughly the same thing I had (oh no; more
comparisons!) and I'm SURE Pete got that message.

> As Derick says, ticket prices were prohibitively high.

I don't know about that; compared to others I found them quite reasonable.
For one thing, I got lawn seats at Raleigh for $22 each. Then, too, I
recently purchased Simon/Dylan lawn seats in the same venue for $30 each
(my daughter is a huge S&G fan, although I'd bet he'll do mostly Capeman
stuff). Dylan being what he is today, I'd say the Who price was a bargain,
the best I ever had (I paid $7.50 in 1975, and this was 22 years later).

> I agree but have to add something here.  About this issue of
> popularity/sales/attendance, Gigi asks, "Who cares?"  Pete Townshend
> cares, that's who.  He's never been shy about saying that he goes for
> hits, and that he cares how popular he is.

You're right, but he shouldn't be. How much money does he have to have
before he stops pursuing the almighty pound? He should relax more.

                              Cheers                                 ML

More stupid lyrics:

"The Gods made Heavy Metal and they saw that it was good/They said to play
it and we promised that we would..."
      Manowar