Re: bouncing posts

At 18:53 -0800 1/15/1999, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:56:13, -0500
>From: KGiles@prodigy.com ( K D GILES)
>
>Recently, anything I post to the digest gets bounced back to me, but
>ALSO makes it to the mailing list.

If it's this thing:
***
From: CAEI/CAEIF01PO/POSTMASTER
	 <IMCEAMS-CAEI_CAEIF01PO_POSTMASTER@cae.co.uk>
To: Alan McKendree <amck@thenetdr.com>
Subject: Mail failure
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 22:51:00 -0000

[008] Failure delivering user mail due to mailbag contention.
Mail item was not delivered to:
***

It looks like what's happening is that ONE subscriber's mailbox is screwed
up, so senders get a bounce message from that one guy, but the message is
otherwise processed to the list normally.  If I could remember Paul's
address I'd forward him one of these.

>but until then y'all may want to ignore any error messages you get
>about your posts to the list.

Excellent point, this may explain the recent bouts of dupe posts we've had.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)