Petophobia, Tarantinophobia

On the Pete sexuality discussions I completely agree with Howard and Brian in
Atlanta.  Pete discusses his sexuality openly and we all worship Pete's
legendary frankness.  Why can't WE discuss what simply amounts to another
aspect of him; an aspect which may be relevant to discussions about him and
his career.  By calling it "irrevelant" or "not worthy of discussion" we're
stamping it as taboo.  Such selective censorship would be fine if this list
only discussed the Who's songs and what they mean, but let's face it, this is
a Who and Townshend free-for-all where discussions of Who songs compete with
comments on Pete's family and their careers, Emily Dickenson's war on Rock,
and the minutia of what color John Entwistle's bass was on his latest solo
tour.  I think we can all handle discussing something as "trivial" as Pete's
sexuality.  I love the crazy, grab bag diversity found in the posts on this
list.  Whatever anyone wants to talk about, as long as it somehow relates,
even remotely, to The Who, is fine by me.  Speaking of which...
Tarantino is a sniveling little punk who made one good movie and now thinks
he's Martin Scorcese by way of James Brown.  I've hated his guts ever since he
decided he was going to be the Voice of Generation X musically also.  He can
do and say whatever he wants, he can "bitchslap" (his quote, not mine) his
partner in public restaurants all he wants, but when he went out of his way to
smear an already much dismissed band named The Who he wound up on my shitlist
for life.  I went to film school and am a film fanatic, so I grudgingly went
to "Jackie Brown" to see if he could repeat his "Pulp Fiction" magic.  I'm
happy to report "Jackie Brown" sucked.  While The Who will continue to have a
fanatical following for years to come, my hope is that that former video store
lackey is already yesterday's hype.
But I digress.
-Leo