Top Five and rating the overrated

> THE WHO BY NUMBERS--I think it's probably
> one of their Top Five records, maybe even #1.

Carolyn:

(choke!) QUADROPHENIA!!!!!!!

> I think lyrically it's the best of any Who album;

Aiiiiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!

"UV lights making starshine of her smile..."

"I have to be careful not to preach/I can't pretend that I can teach/And
yet I've lived your future out/By pounding stages like a clown..."

"The cracks between the paving stones/Like rivers of flowing veins..."

"And when a man is trying to change/It only causes further pain..."

"My Dad couldn't stand on two feet/As he lectured about morality..."
(sounds like Congress, doesn't it?)

"A beach is a place where a man can feel/He's the only soul in the world
that's real..."

"Only love can bring the rain/Like the sweat of lovers laying in a
field..."

Oh, yeah, I'd put the Eagles high on the "overrated" list too, despite some
good material early in their career. Doesn't mean they aren't considered
better than they ever were, even with Joe Walsh on guitar. But there are so
many `70s bands which would qualify, from Zeppelin to REO to Styx to Kiss
to...yes, an endless list. Let's just put it this way: ANY band considered
better than The Who is overrated. That pretty much says it all, don'tcha
think?