Re: the bloody greatest band EVER are functioning once again(!)

You mentioned Townshend and Garcia on stage together.  The show to which you
refer is not the Day on the Green (Oakland Coliseum10/8-9/76), but a
Rockpalast concert from 1981.  Although the Who and the Dead shared the bill
in Oakland in '76 (talk about a "dream show!"), Townshend and Garcia didn't
jam together.   The Rockpalast show was from 3/28/81 at the Grugahalle in
Essen (West) Germany.  Townshend joined the Dead for "Not Fade Away," "Wharf
Rat," and "Good Lovin," although his playing was limited to strictly rhythm.

-Joe

>"academic" items, I need to find set lists for the 1979 tour and would also
>like to get a copy of a photo I saw on a Grateful Dead documentary which
had
>Pete and Jerry side by side onstage (I think it was from one of the "day on
>the green" things in the Bay Area from the mid to late 70's....Very Cool!).
>I already crossed into the "long-winded" domain, so I'll go ahead and add
>this: I once bitched here that the content on this list was focused on the
>Who's worst lists.  Now, I'd just like the content to be related more
toward
>the band, and less toward  WF, "conspiracy", and censorship.  We're all
Here