Bon Voyage! and stuff

Just wanted to write and wish everyone a safe journey to London, i'm sad i
can't be going myself. Enjoy the big convention, we expect FULL REPORTS from
everybody!

Drums on "Sally Simpson"? Maybe not Keith, but then, maybe Keith hung over
or really really badly F'd up.... more likely, it's Pete. i've heard tell
that the reason "Tommy" sounds the way it does is that the album contains
alot of what are essentially Pete's demos with the Who overdubbed. The
record company was tapping it's feet (Pete took a long time working up
Tommy, although NO time at all by today's standards, bands today take
forever... wait, that's another rant) and the band threw together possibly
the greatest concept album ever. Anyone else hear this? i forget which book
i read that in. Dave Marsh's "Before I Get Old" most likely.

Someone mentioned Emma Townshend last week, thought i'd ask: anyone else
have her album? What's your opinion? i have it, and although she has a
unique style, beautiful voice and some songwriting ability, i have to say
the album leaves me hanging... there seems to be a concious effort on her
part to avoid melodies, hooks and repetition... to such a degree that its
like listening to someone improvise for an hour. i can't highly recommend
it, but i was impressed with her individuality. If i had to compare her to
anyone else, i would say maybe Tori Amos. But less catchy. Anyone have the
album, care to share your thoughts?

Have fun in London... the rest of us will have to sit here and dream about
the next one.            peace&anarchy, jeffree  ("whoboy")