Re: Moon film wars

>L. Bird wrote:
>
> I just want to understand why a movie on Keith Moon, who has been
> underrated probably his whole career and even now, has been decided
> to be made. Most people my age don't listen to the Who let alone know
> that their drummer has revolutionalized drumming in rock music.

       You know, my take on this is a little different. I'm so sick and
tired of this group of 18-24 yr olds not knowing anything about the
who. It indirectly affects us because it causes record companies to
frown upon releasing new stuff. Pete, for christ sake, doesn't even have
a recording contract anymore.

	If they want to defame moonie with sensationalism, i say: let em
do it. The real fans know the truth. The one thing that DeNiro's
sensational endeavors could do is to introduction others to the who,
and we all could benefit from that. It could mean more who cds in juke
boxes, better album sales -- help push along the seemingly-dead effort
to get a live box set released, etc.

       let em go about with their lies. it is actually good for us.