MD vs CD aka Yet Another Format

> (Sorry for the non-Who content, but I need to say this).
> How about MiniDiscs? I think they are great.

Elon:

More than anything else, I think people are tired of buying new formats.
At the least, any CDr I make of The Who will be playable for anyone who
has a CD player. Then too in order to get digital-to-digital one must
also own a CD player with a digital output, whereas the computer CD
burners write to the hard drive and back to the disc. One unit.
MDs haven't made much headway in the US marketplace, although I
understand they're very big in Japan. If they do "make it" in the US, I
suppose MCA will reissue all the Who albums as "special MD versions." Oh
BOY!

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba