Re: Women in Rock and Sexism

Just to throw in a note from an old timer like me:

All the "sexist" lyrics of the mid-60's coming out of Britain
(see "Run For Your Life," the "My Generation" LP, just about
anything by The Stones) were seen at the time as a reaction
against the overwhelming number of romantic love songs then
on the radio.  Writing something that put women down was seen
as a way of being non-commercial or alternative since everything
then was treacly love songs.

And as for the source of this I think you could blame Dylan whose
influence made this approach fashionable with British bands of
the '60's.

			-Brian in Atlanta