Re: Women in Rock and Sexism

Okay, this thing with women and sexism in rock.  While it is true that there
are many lines in rock and roll that can be considered offensive to not only
women, but all kinds of races and kreeds (see rock and roll doesn't
discriminate!) we have to face the truth.  What are 80% of the song in rock
and roll about?  Women!  That's right boys, without us you would have
nothing to write about!  And as many sexist lyrics as there are, there are
just as many equally romantic lyrics.  I think the problem is that we are
thinking of rock stars like they are a level above real people.  They're
not!  They are mortal, believe it or not.  Normal men are sexist, so why
shouldn't we expect rock stars to be the same, since the majority are men.
And don't forget that women can be sexist too.  Yes, that's right girls.
The men just don't complain when we do it.  Or rather, they just don't hear
it when we do it.  Wow, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to explode like that, I
just had to get that off my chest.  Well, any way,  must be
       -Jessi

p.s.  If you want a prime example of sexism in rock, watch Roger on Conan
tonight.  As cute as he is, he's been know to say some pretty nasty things
about women.