Re: "White City" video

Nick in Salt Lake City wrote:
>I was returning a gift to Blockbuster music the other day, and
while
>searching for something to buy with the credit I got, I saw, to my
>amazement, the film White City.  I have the album, but the film was
rather
>expensive ($30 for a 60-min movie), so I ended up buying something
else.
>I was curious to know what all of you know about the film, and
project,
>because I am still considering buying it.

You saw the "White City" video in a store, and it wasn't in the
bargain bin?  Holy smashed guitar bits, I had thought it was out of
print for sure!  But I digress.  The "White City" video consists of a
short film, about 45 minutes long, and then an interview with Pete
about the entire "White City" project.  The interview portion of the
film contains a little music video for a "White City" outtake called
"Night School".  As far as I know the "White City" video is the only
place you can find "Night School", I don't think the song has shown
up on bootleg.  The "White City" movie features most (all?) of the
songs from the album, but there are different versions in the video.
The movie's plot is pretty much the same as that of the story that is
on the back of the "White City" record sleeve.  It is about an
unemployed man named Jim who is separated (possibly divorced) from
his wife.  Jim's old friend turned big rock star Pete (played by
Pete) comes back to visit his old stomping grounds and to play a show
there.  The movie covers 24 hours in White City, plus assorted
flashbacks from Jim's past.  I think it's a pretty good little movie,
and recommend it to any of Pete's fans, even those who aren't that
hot about "White City" the album.  I didn't like the album so much at
first myself, but after I saw the movie I liked it a lot more.  Go
fig.

-Yellow "Livin' in da Yellow City" Ledbetter