Re: Kenney Jones

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:18:54 -0500 "Robert VanBuskirk"
<vankirk@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Looking for any insight as to the general disposition of Kenney Jones
>and
>"T.E.D.".
>Reasons for the split, current feelings, that sort of thing.

According to what I've read, when Roger agreed to do the 1989 tour, he
made it his one condition that Kenn(e)y not be the drummer.  Pete had
early pledged
to Kenn(e)y that no one else would drum for the Who.  However, at one
point
around then Kenn(e)y started grousing to Pete saying that the Who should
do another album so that he could play on at least one good Who album and
Pete used that as an excuse to break his pledge and replace Kenn(e)y with
his solo band drummer Simon Phillips.

Roger still breathes fire when someone mentions Kenn(e)y's drumming
for the Who.  I don't know what his relationship is with Pete after the
above, but I do think he's still friends with John.  Despite the claims
that Pete was the one who put and kept Kenn(e)y in the Who, John was just
as much a supporter of him.

                                     -Brian in Atlanta

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]