Guitars

It sounds to me as though Pete's playing a Stratocaster on 'Pictures of Lily'
; nothing wrong the guitar sound there !

Recorded April 5th '67 (?)  right after The Who returned from the 1st US dates
on Murray The K package. In NYC they'd discovered that Fenders not only cost a
fraction of their English price,  were more robust than Rickenbackers (which
smashed -too- easily), but could also be bolted back together after trashing.
Dates reinforce the contention that 'Lily'  is a Strat.

If you went along to see The Who in 65/66/67 you might find anything being
played. Rick, Tele, Strat, Gibson - whatever he could scrounge. I have
absolutely NO memory of his sound ever being weak in those days.