Pete's leads, John, etc.

I wrote:
>> I'm very pleased to hear this, I haven't heard anything from Pete >>
from this decade (It's very hard to find Who stuff in Brazil), but >> I
was suspecting that it would happen.

Mark Leaman wrote:
>Don't be surprised if a live show from the tour is released on CD at
>some point in the future. After all, they toured for almost a >year...a
release seems likely, but No I haven't "heard" about one >(before you
ask).

That's what I'm waiting for: An official live album. By the way, where's
the live compilation they've been talking about since 1994? :(

>> John improved much faster,

>Entwistle improved so quickly it wasn't very noticable...given that >he
was "there" by the time they had reached a wide audience. I'd >still say
it's just as important that he hasn't diminished one bit in >30 years,
in a world where most musicians do.

In fact he is constantly improving. Have you heard about a live LP from
his recent tour?

Sean Wilson wrote:
>I strongly disagree with the notion that Pete's worst lead play came
>in his Gibson S.G. days.

I also love his playing from that time. Ok, technically he's not very
good, but I prefer to hear Pete playing all that WRONG stuff he played
than hear any of those 80-metal guitarists that played RIGHT.