Re: hello?

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998 08:21:10 -0400, Jim_Blair@pcmailgw.ml.com , late
of Pablo Fanques Fair wrote:

>     I just wanted to thank all the replies (BOTH OF THEM) I got
>     for this question. Guess I expected a little too much.
>     (Zeppelin and Tull from the USA, huh ?) Get a clue.
>     Can someone give me a coherent answer, please?

Led Zeppelin: Originally were to be "The New Yardbirds", resurrected
by Jimmy Page. Who connection: John Entwistle and Keith Moon were
asked to be a part of this band, and were considering it. The name
"Led Zeppelin" came from a joke by one of them (Keith?) that "This
will go over like a lead zeppelin". Clearly an English band.

Jethro Tull: From the north of England, they performed under a
number of names. Originally they were so bad, they had to change
names to get each new gig. After one gig using the name Jethro Tull
(the name supplied by a manager without consulting the group; Jethro
Tull was a 17th century agriculturist who invented the seed drill),
they got asked back again, and were now stuck with the name. A very
English band, but the current drummer, Doane Perry, is from the US.
Who connection: They both played in the Rolling Stones Rock and Roll
Circus, at the Isle of Wight, and they shared the bill at
Tanglewood.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                  TANSTAAFL
kob1@ix.netcom.com

Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/