Ox

Greetings all,

I'm new to the list, and I'm a huge Who fan! I'm going to be the first in
(sorry) to wish the Ox a happy 53rd birthday! The most innovative and
exciting bass player in rock celebrated a birthday today, celebrate by
throwing on your favorite Who album and CRANKING IT! Personally, I'll be
listening to "The Who By Numbers," it's one of my favorites!

By the way, I did hear of Pete copying the windmill technique from Keith
Richards. Pete told the story: ..."I was just watching the Keith warm up
one time before a gig. He moved his arms about in many different ways,
and one of the things he did was swing his arms around like a windmill. I
began doing it, and when it became my trademark, I asked Keith...'does it
bother you that I stole your move?' "

Pete then said that Keith didn't even remember doing it!

By the way, this came from an interview that I saw on television. I
believe it was one of those "Rock and Roll History" videos.

Lastly, if you're reading this Ox: happy birthday, and keep rockin'. I
wait with great anticipation for your next release!

(By the way, was that really Kenney Jones?!!?)

"Goodbye all you punks, stay young and stay high!"  -Pete Townshend

Rick