Drummers

     I think that we all can agree on the fact that Keith Moon was and is
irreplaceable.  However, I think that it is still totally valid of them to
still refer to themselves as the Who.  I mean, if the Rolling Stones can go
through a succession of guitarists, Pink Floyd go on without out Waters,
and the three remaining Beatles and a backing track to John's demo, then I
see no reason why the Who (or TED, as some insist) can't continue on as
themselves as well.  If they were to cut a new album, then I could see how
the situation might become a little more complicated.
     All I can say is that I saw them at the PNC Bank Arts Center, and they
were great.  Starkey really managed to hold his own.  As for Kenny Jones, I
think it wouldn't have mattered whether or not if he was more energetic.
If they would have gotten a more raucous drummer, then he would have been
criticized for trying to copy Moon.  Either placid or wild, at the time the
loss was to recent for anyone to really be accepted with open arms.  Moon
was an original and will never be replaced, but the other three are still
here, and I think we should take whatever we can get.

Jennifer