Re: 8-string bass, Trivia

Lucas Bleicher wrote:

> One thing I always wanted to know: what's the tuning of a 8-string bass?
> On some of JAE's songs it sounds like a guitar and a bass...

John's unique sound comes from turning up the treble. He recently
discussed this on his live CD.  He was looking for a unique sound in the
sixties, something with more of a crisp guitar sound. Sounds similar to
Jack Bruce's sound.  I was fortunate to see John play the 8 string
from 4 feet away on his last tour. It was a treat.

Trivia: Who invented the 8 String bass?