Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #269

Yellow "Whatever" Ledbetter wrote:
<<
Kim wrote:
>One read of Horse's Neck should
>enlighten one to the fact that Pete's sexual expression/fantasy has
not been
>limited to the human female body...

Hey now, that horse was a symbol!  A metaphor!  All the other writers
do it!  But oh no, when Pete tries to make use of a common literary
technique, everyone thinks he's got a thing for Mr. Ed.  Really!  Now,
 Lambchop maybe I could see.

My point was not that this was a literal reference.  Metaphor or not, it is
simply further evidence of Pete's non-traditional conciousness concerning
sexuality.

I have really been surprised by everyone's difficulty in accepting that Pete
has had some homosexual encounters.   What is the problem?  Do I detect some
homophobia among the readership?   We as his fans should be happy that he has
the ability to be sincere about this issue.

Kim