Re: PT's perceived place in the London Drug Rock hierachy c 1967/8

>I believe that Robin Constable declined to be interviewed for the
>book.
>
>John

Monty Python did a great parody of him with Graham Chapman playing
Officer Plant.  He busts into Eric Idle's flat, drops a brown paper bag,
and says, "Look illicit substances."  Eric Idle picks it up and finds the
bag contains sandwiches.  "Blimey! Whatever did I give the wife?" says
Officer Plant.

Didn't he get jail time later for corruption?

                                     -Brian in Atlanta