Which character dies

The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
> From: whosnext@juno.com (Steven A Martin)
> Subject: [none]
>
>    I saw the Broadway version of Tommy this fall and Captain Walker was
> killed by the lover of Mrs. Walker. She assumed that Mr. Walker was MIA
> (missing in action) and had a fling. Seeing how Pete was very involved in
> this project we must assume that this is how he visioned the story.

Well, what I go by is the fact that in the liner notes provided, the
parts sung by the father and the lover are clearly divided, with the
father.  I would strongly suppose that, considering how unintelligible
Tommy is, they asked PT for a copy of the lyrics when they were first
making the album.

- --LP.