Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #152

><< The show was televised for the HOB patrons that evening.  Perhaps someone
> > recorded it.  Also, security busted someone taping the show. >>
>

>If anyone out their has/did record the show, I'd really like to get a copy of
>it!  I wanted to see it, but was unable to because of other cercumstances.
> From all the reviews on this web sight it sounded incredible!!!!  With such
>a great line-up and influencial individual--PETE TOWNSHEND this is/was a show
>to treasure for years to come.  Does anyone know why/how HOB got the
>opportunity to show it?  did anyone know prior?  Why did Pete cancel his show
>in Denver, but keep the show at HOB? any other possible Pete show to come?
> Are thier still good seats left for the Greatwoods, MA show?  I need a pair.
>

>"How many friend have I really oot........you can count them one one hand!"

Don't worry, most video collectors are already in the "Search/Scramble" mode
for the HOB show. I have made no less than 20 phone calls to a couple of
"people" in Chicago that can help me out.

The rule of thumb is usually that if a show is broadcast onto a TV screen,
there will be a video boot. ESPECIALLY if it is done in Chicago.

I remember when the Who played in Chicago in 1979, most of you have seen
footage of that boot (30 Years Maximum R & B). That show (Chicago 12/08/79)
was playing on the TV at Rolling Stone records the next morning.