Re: Cincinnati, WHODUNIT

On Cincinnati, I have to agree with Brian:
>All I can say is how stupid of Pete to
>try to be honest with people.  Wouldn't we just have so much more respect
>for him if he had given us all the big theatrical tear instead of letting
>us into his head and heart to see how a real human being in a crisis
>reacts!  And since Pete also complained about how the words above meant
>something else if you heard his inflection, let me just say that I'm
>being bitterly sarcastic.

I've also read where Pete complained that the interview misrepresented
him because it presented his words without explaining HOW he spoke them,
his inflection.  When he said, "And we had a tour to do.  We're a rock
and roll band.  You know, we don't f*** around, worrying about eleven
people dying."
his inflection was unexplained.  What he was really doing was bashing
The Who and himself, acknowledging that there's an inherent public image
of indiffence, a "tour armor" that bands on tour put up to protect
themselves which is really a twisted, sick aspect of rock stardom.
Anyone who has SEEN or HEARD Pete's interviews as opposed to just
reading them knows that he frequently mocks himself or the band through
complimentary statements that are turned into venomous sarcasm through
his inflection.  Besides which, Pete later apologized to the public and
the families for this interview because even though he had meant to bash
himself it had come across as callous and for that he was truly sorry.
Remember, it's the thought that counts, and his thoughts were for the
victims and their families.  It's just his delivery which left something
to be desired.  I don't know if he ever wrote a song regarding his
feelings about the whole thing.  Maybe someone ele knows.

WHODUNIT: Who covers
Sounds pretty cool.  Speaking of which, I'm sure many of you know this,
but for those that don't, the band The Smithereens do a great version of
"The Seeker" though I have no idea where to get it.

- --Leo