Re: Liveaid

<< And then, as all of us experienced, LIGHTS  OUT. My question
 is, did the band stop playing? Did the Who realize what was happening? >>

Despite what Bill Graham and Martha Quinn said, the Who played on during the
outage.  The only thing that was lost was the satellite feed (I presume the
power to whatever ground equipment they use to upload the signal).  It was
fairly obvious that they continued, as the broadcast resumed as the reached
the end of the second number.  The time of the outage was exactly right for
them to have finished MG and started the second number (which I can't
remember right now...was it Pinball Wizard?).  More evidence of this was
during WGFA, when they lost the feed again briefly.  When the performance was
replayed on ABC later that night there was no evidence of a problem.

John