Re: "What if...INDEED!"

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997 JB2TheWho@aol.com wrote:

>  This, at least, is what TOWNSHEND told Phil Collins, when Collins called
>  immediately upon hearing the news and begged PETE for the job as drummer for
>  THE WHO....As Phil tells it, and he and Pete went a ways back and were
> pretty
>  tight, PETE explained to PHIL that KEITH had been so out of it for some time
>  that Kenny Jones had ALREADY been covertly doing a bit of unspecified
>  "filling in", which was why Kenny Jones already had the job the day after
>  Keith died, which otherwise astonished and bitterly dissapointed Phil
>  Collins...
>
>  Now that would have been something to ponder...THE WHO with Phil Collins as
>  drummer..

Now this really is a shame. I always have seen Kenney Jones as "filling
in". Phil Collins is (or was) overpopular and no match for Keith Moon,
but I definitely think that he could contribute more to The Who than
Jones or Starkey ever would. But does ALWAYS have to be the leader? Perhaps
Pete was afraid of the competition? It still isn't too late to find out.

'The' Chico