Who Cult, Stampede, WGFA, and 2nd Impressions

> ...and daughters?  Oh my.  Well let's get one thing straight, Who
> cult or no, I'm not going to stand for any Koresh-style child brides
> around here!

Kelly:

The daughters should be at least 21 (they would still be daughters, you
know). OK?

> I think we should call him "Boutrous".  Just my opinion.

It's gotta be a two letter name. So...Bo? Nope; too Southern even for
me.

> Presumably you're talking about Shea Stadium, right??

CityW:

My guess would be Cincinatti.

> Lifehouse: WFGA was DEFINITELY a part--I think Pete added the new boss
> same as old boss part as a little cynicism.

Kevin:

It's all of the lyrics, though...I merely cited that because it was
easy. How about the "Parting on the left" part? Anyway, the entire song
is about the reality of what happens in a revolution. It may have been
meant for Lifehouse, but it sure doesn't fit in with the story. And it
was the first song recorded during those sessions...if you don't count
the Leslie West NY stuff (which wasn't used).

Regarding the remixed FD & IH, which I've now been able to listen to on
a good system: FD sounds pretty damned good. I wish they'd brought the
drums out even more, but overall it's an definite improvement. The most
changed song seems to be Did You Steal. Always one of my least
favorites, I might even get to like this version...maybe. I still stand
by my statement that the live version of Alone beats the Hell out of the
studio one. However, the guitar sounds a lot like the live version of
Baby Don't You Do It. Somebody Saved Me is definitely better in the solo
version...which has more energy and less frills...it's a song that
doesn't NEED the frills, like the piano (makes it too sweet).
On the other hand, I find IH to be almost harsh at high volumes. Like
they jacked up the midrange too much. It works on some songs, like
Athena, but I'm really disappointed with one of my favorites: Cooks
County. Some songs have Townshend's backing vocals a bit too high and
too flat. They shouldn't be louder than Daltrey's vocal, but at times
they are.
I'm not sure I'm happy with the "new" guitar intro for It's Hard,
either. Perhaps in time, but this one seems inferior.
Eminence Front...they "fixed" the doubled vocal chorus. Still haven't
made up my mind on that yet either. The other way gave it the feel of a
shouted chorus by a crowd.
As for the live stuff...am I alone in believing that they sped these up?
Either that, or the videotape & radio show were both slow. It's true
that they're better for it...but I wonder if anyone else noticed this?

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend