Feedback on "Feedback"... A Little Extra Noise From Me...

I have been priming myself now for a few weeks in preparation for
Pete's show at The House of Blues in Chicago by playing everything
from the band to his solo stuff.  It was during one of these listening
romps that I remembered an article on Pete and The Who from a June '94
Guitar World magazine.  Since I do not play any instruments, it was just
dumb luck (and a picture of Pete in his regal pose on the cover) that I
happened to notice the magazine.  Anyway, to keep a short story from
getting too long, I bought it!  In the article, right before my eyes, a little
tidbit of information appeared... the year was '64 and the setting was the
Oldfield Hotel.  Well, according to Mr. Townshend, "Where I stood on the
stage was a piano, and I stuck my cabinet on it and it was dead level
with my guitar, and I started to get these feedback effects that I really
liked.  When I went to other gigs and put the speakers on the floor, it
wouldn't happen.  So I started to put it up on a chair and then I decided to
stack the things so that I could INDUCE feedback."  Also born from this,
the "Marshall stack".  The article is very well written and in-depth.  I
suggest, if possible, you obtain a copy of this magazine because it also
has an accompanying article on Pete's creation, "power chording".  The
address:  Editorial and Advertising Offices, 1115 Broadway,  New York,
NY  10010 (212) 807-7100.  Now, I can't remember the whole
Townshend/Davies discussion, but this may help settle it...?  There is so
much more information in the articles that it is impossible to tell you
everything.  I hope everyone found this a little interesting.  Anyway, I
have to get back to work.  If you have any questions, you can e-mail me
directly.