re: Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #183

To Citywatch:

First of all, I don't think the people who subscribe to this list merely
think the *'oo* are "cool."  They're THE ONLY BAND THAT MATTERS.  And that's
not an obsession.  It's simply a tribute to the band who we feel best
captured the spirit of rock and roll.   Being a musician, I personally like
and appreciate all forms and styles of music.  But it's rock music that I
prefer, and to me, the Who are the best.  There are a LOT of other bands that
are great, but the Who...

Secondly, you lose all credibility when you say that Gary Glitter "shat all
over 'em."   I saw the Who do, incredibly, Quad at the Garden last year (will
see them again this year in Camden and Holmdel, too) and Gary Glitter played
his part well...what was he again, Ace Face or the Bell Boy..and he was
great, but to compare him to the Who is ludicrous.

Thirdly, leave Ms. Kelly alone.  She's only sixteen, awfully intelligent,
awfully nice.  Wouldn't hurt a fly.  That was rather mean and uncalled for.

"...to me, there's only one thing left in the end...your GUITAR and
(your)PEN!"