Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #183

Dear 'Who' junkies,

I think you all have a very unhealthy obsession with the band.  How
can music possibly be fun if all you do is sit in your bedsitters
analysing every single song, and looking for hidden meanings.  By the
way, does Kelly Giles have a job, because anyone who can write 1,000
words of pure drivvle about a song, (that probably took the Who 15 mins
to come up with one shitty sunday afternoon, because they'd realised
they were down to their laststlg5 million) should be a accountant or
something equally boring, perserverance to go on like that wouldl be
admired by certain professions!

And now onto Tommy - Although my tastes are Catholic (for all you yankees out there, that
means I like a bit of everything) I think you'll all agree that any
self respecting group of artists would refuse to have the likes of
Jack Nicholson and Anne Margaret singing one of their creations.

Now enough of that....

I think the Who are cool, I saw them in Hyde Park where they sang
loads of 'Quadrophenia' and various other gigs, as I am lucky enough
to come from Central London, namely Covent Garden but I have to admit Gary Glitter shat all
over them.....SORRY!

And one last gem before I depart, for all you sad people who will
traipse around London just to stand next to a lampost that Roger
Daltrey MAY have pissed against.  There's a real Who site, I
know.....

Are you all waiting with baited breath.......  Its in Shelton Street which
is in Covent Garden, and it was my local youth club many 'moons' ago
(no pun intended).

Anyway, they filmed loads of Quadrophenia down there, and I was fortuitous
enough to snort some Changa with Mooney himself.  Stick that in your
pipe and smoke it!

(Maybe I made that last bit up? what do you reckon?)

Citywatch Ltd
Tel: +44 171 929 7706
Fax: +44 171 929 7022
Web: www.citywatch.co.uk