Re:Albert Speer

>Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 Beau McCrury wrote:

  Re:
>> -- check out
>>"I'll Never Know War" which has one delicious line...(OK I'll paraphrase and
>>get the date wrong, but check out the wonderful line about the end of the
>>Nazis, playing off of the word "defeated....(then..next line).........and
>>ALBERT SPEER was deleted."
>
>Oh god yes!  I think the poetry of it all is absolutely amazing!  And I've got
>to get those liner notes out again, I didn't realise the lyric was 'Albert
>Speer was deleted.'

 Actually,Pete Townshend may have gone a bit overboard by describing Albert
Speer as "deleted".After Albert Speer was released from prison (his sentence
resulting from the Nuremburg war trials),he actually went on to be a very
successful author with his book "Inside The Third Reich".He was also much in
demand for interviews and lectures,and I think he may have authored a second
book as well.So ironically,Albert Speer was one of the few (if not the only)
high-ranking Nazi do do well for himself when the war was over.

                         Long Live Rock,

                                I.S.

 BEER...It's not just for breakfast anymore!